Here is an example database which does a filemaker login and sends a message on the news feed:
NICKENICH, Germany (April 27th, 2011) -- Monkeybread Software releases version 2.3 of the MBS plug-in for Filemaker.
The MBS plug-in extends Filemaker with over 400 functions. Very popular are our functions for controlling the webview control on your database forms. Other key features are working with PDF files, controlling windows, manipulate pictures and to query system informations. In version 2.3 we improve the existing functions and add a few new functions:
- New PDFKit functions for Mac OS X allow you even more editing on PDF files. Like extracting pages from existing PDF files or combining several PDF files into a new one. Also you can set and get attributes like the title.
- For the WewViewer we added a search function.
- UUID functions create random 128 bit GUID/IID/UIDs.
- Icon functions for Mac OS X allow you to get high resolution icons for files on disc. With QuickLook we can even have icons which give a preview of the file content.
- Also for Mac OS X is a function to show an overlay over the content of a window to visually show that the user should concentrate on a dialog in the front.
The plug-in is available for FileMaker 7 to 11 on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and as Universal Binary for Mac OS X. Demos are available on the website, along with license and purchasing information. Not all functions are available on both platforms, so please check the documentation.
The plugins can be downloaded on our website:
The online documentation can be found here:
Subscribe to our mailing list to keep up to date:
For questions you can send us an email or use the feedback forms on our website. Plugin licenses are available starting at just 99 Euro / $139 USD.
I'll be on the Filemaker Conference 2011 in Hamburg from 16th to 18th June 2011 as sponsor. So if you want to learn about my plugin, join me there. I'll make a session in the workshop room about my plugins.
for more details visit filemaker-konferenz.com/2011/
New in this prerelease of the 1.1 extension:
- Compiled for Mac with 32 and 64 bit. (Linux and Windows may follow later if there is a demand for that)
- Added Cube SQL Plugin for Cube SQL Server 4.0b10.
- Added UUIDFormattedMBS, UUIDHexMBS and UUIDRawMBS.
- Added CosHMBS, ACosMBS, CosMBS, TanHMBS, ATan2MBS, ATanMBS, TanMBS, SinHMBS, ASinMBS, SinMBS functions.
- Remove Accents functions now convert ß to s.
New in this prerelease of the 2.3 plugins:
- Added PDF functions which return a reference instead of a container value: GetPDFPagesPDFRef, GetPDFPagePDFRef and CombineRef.
- Added PDFKit functions: Combine, GetPDFAttribute, SetPDFAttribute, OpenContainer, OpenURL and OpenPath.
- Added functions: UUID.Raw, UUID.Hex and UUID.Formatted.
Today we start a Filemaker Plugin mailing list for our filemaker plugin:
Subscribe to mbsfmplugin
also for Real Studio Plugins we have our existing list:
Subscribe to mbsplugin
Both are discussion lists where you can post questions, learn about new features and get notified for new versions.
Today a client asked me for using our ChartDirector plugin to put a lot of bar charts to make a 3D surface with columns. Later this morning we got this prototype:
Isn't that cool?
By the way, this is a peak view to chromatography data of a blood sample.
The MBS is easily the most powerful plug-in available for FileMaker today. There are over 400 functions that allow FileMaker developers to extend their solutions in some amazing ways. A quick overview:
- Control the Webviewer
- Fill and submit forms
- Image editing with GraphicsMagick
- Use PDF functions from Mac OS X
- Query Icons
- Make Screenshots
- Lock your app for Kiosks
- Control windows in Filemaker
- Mac App Store
- Put your solution into Apple's Mac App Store and use plugin functions to verify the package receipt.
- Register your own URL Scheme
- Have your solution start with a click on an email or website and process the URL as you need. Plugin calls a script with the name you define when registering.
- Query system information
- Run Scripts
- Global variables
- Powerful text functions
And a log of more stuff like Container utility functions. If you miss something, please email us and we may add another function for you.
New in this prerelease of the 2.3 plugins:
- Changed some windows compile settings to use secure CRT functions.
- Fixed Icon.GetIcon so it does invert the icon mask correctly on Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5.
- Fixed Icon.GetIconWithQuickLook so it does not crash on Mac OS X 10.4 where QuickLook is not available.
It's 1st April 2011 and the birthdays are no April Fools' joke:
Apple turn 35 years today. Congratulations to all Apple employers, especially to employer no. 0: Steve Jobs, employer no. 1: Steve Wozniak and all the other 50,000 employees.
Arktis, one of my favorite online (and offline) shop for Apple Gadgets turns 25 today.
Also Volker Ritzhaupt has birthday on the same day. He's the founder and CEO of Application Systems Heidelberg, the Real Studio distributor for German speaking countries.
Our own company known as Monkeybread Software, but legally Christian Schmitz Software GmbH turns eleven today. More than eleven years of Real Studio Consulting turned into the biggest Real Studio Plugin Library, hundreds of applications and thousands of happy customers