If you use our plugins for running SQL commands (or some other plugin), this may be interesting for you:
Filemaker 11 changes a couple of things in the SQL engine.
Read about those changes on filemakerhacks.com: Part 1 or Part 2
If you show a website in a webviewer (Filemaker) or a htmlviewer (Real Studio), you can have a little problem. Some links in the web viewer may have target = _blank. This links now open in Safari (Mac) or Internet Explorer (Win) if the user clicks on a link. But you may not want that and prefer to keep the user inside your web viewer.
In Filemaker you can do this:
In Real Studio you go like this:
We wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all our clients, partners and friends all over the world.
At least to the US Americans who celebrate it today.
In Canada it is mid in October and here in Germany on first Sunday in October.
- Real Software is looking for a product educator. See forum post
- VMWare 4.1 allows you to install Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 in a virtual machine. Do it now, because next version may remove that possibility. With 4.1.1 you now need again a server version of Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.6.
- Make extra campaigns per language.
- Use extra setting for only 1 cent per click for display networks.
- You sell a desktop app? Limit ad display to desktop computers.
People on a mobile phone are certainly not interested in your app.
- Don't send everyone to your start page. Point them right to the page they want to go. e.g. tutorial page for people looking on tutorial ad.
- Have lots of ad texts which contain keywords. Google prefers showing ads which match search criteria.
- Create several google accounts. This makes it easier for accounting the different ad campaign costs for different products or services.
New in this prerelease of the 2.5 plugins:
- Fixed a memory leak with GMImage.NewFromContainer.
- Fixed a memory leak with container JPEG functions.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks.
- Fixed a bug where GMImage.NewFromContainer did not read a container value, because there were two JPEG streams and the first one was empty.
- Fixed the error above for JPEG functions, too.
- Updated Screenshot functions for Mac OS X 10.7.
We improved the documentation. In the future the list of functions also show the first sentence of documentation so you can get an idea on what the function is about. Also we show whether it works on Mac and Windows.
Function selectors are now ignoring case
Not sure why we didn't do that before, but now all the function names are accepted in any case. So SystemInfo.ComputerName and Systeminfo.ComputerName are both valid. You'll see that change soon in 2.5 prerelease versions.
GMImage.Scale can do much more than you may think. You can use % for the geometry. If you don't specify height or width, the other value is calculated. With < or > you can specify that pictures should only be resized if they are smaller or bigger than the target size. We update documentation for this.
Filemaker Conference 2012
We plan to attend the 2012 Filemaker conference in Salzburg. Mainly for the German speaking Filemaker users and this time in Austria. Hope to see you there! see filemaker-konferenz.com/2012/
- Win a ticket to Real World 2012! Join the Speaker contest.
- Terry and Heidi arrived in Frankfurt and Bob will arrive tomorrow. Good to see the first guest arriving for your Real Studio Database Days
- FSEventsMBS on Mac OS X 10.7 can inform you about file changes, not just folder changes. We'll add new flags for this in next plugins.
- For iOS Apple forces you to write your app asynchronously, threaded or at least with timers.